Overview and Strengths
Mike Axiotis is a capable, energetic, knowledgeable, forward thinking, and impactful executive. His deep wisdom and expertise forged from over 19 years of increasingly responsible management experience with the Lehigh Valley Restaurant Group, 5 prior years as the Owner Operator of his own start-up restaurant, and 7 earlier years with his family’s restaurant are invaluable assets. Whether it’s our extensive community outreach, sterling record of employee engagement & success and high level of guest satisfaction and loyalty, Mike’s special influence touches all the greatest aspects and values of our organization.
Through his tireless hard work, love of the hospitality business and people, and his commitment to excellence, Mike’s ascension was well earned. In 1998, in the early stages of our group, consisting of 3 Red Robins, we hired Mike as an Assistant Manager. In 2000, he earned his first promotion to GM. From 2000-2004, he became the go-to turnaround GM for underperforming operations. By improving staffing and employee morale and implementing effective operational systems, Mike consistently increased sales, profitability, and guest satisfaction. In 2004, he became Executive GM, overseeing 2 restaurants and in 2005, earned the promotion to Regional Operations Director in charge of 4 restaurants. In 2005, Mike led the start-up hiring, training, operations and marketing of his 5th restaurant, and in 2006, opened his 6th. In 2007, he opened his 7th, overseeing all 7 restaurants, their GM’s, and a total of 700 team members to ensure adherence to brand standards and operating procedures. From 2007 to 2010, Mike oversaw 2 of our training restaurants, developed his GM’s, staffed other locations, and helped increase revenues of his 7 Red Robin’s to $22M. In 2010, Mike was promoted to VP of Operations of all 17 restaurants with combined revenues of $48M. 2011 to 2015, he added 4 additional restaurants, bringing our portfolio to 21 restaurants and over 2000 team members with revenues exceeding $70M. In 2015, Mike took on added responsibilities to become our Executive VP of Operations. In 2017, he became certified in Franchise Management from Georgetown University. In August 2017, Mike was promoted to President.
- Restaurant Operations
- Mentoring for Success
- Charity Involvement
- Employee Development
- Community Outreach
- Restaurant Start-ups
- Key Initiatives
Philosophy and Values
Mike values people first. He is highly invested in the engagement, proactive growth, job satisfaction, and ultimate happiness of individuals and teams. He considers helping two of his GM’s to win the “President’s Club” among his greatest professional accomplishments.
Mike espouses that the best guide to management decisions entails first factoring team members, then guests, then shareholders.
“The difference between service and hospitality: Service is what people expect. Hospitality entails doing special things they don’t expect. We are in the hospitality business.”
“Life and Energy are two of the greatest assets of our restaurants.”
- Manages Leadership Team of 6.
- Leads 2000 Team Members.
- Sets Annual Budget with CFO.
- Manages Brand Initiatives.
- Leads Town Halls for all Managers.
- Co-leads Annual Shareholder and Quarterly Board Meetings.
- Red Robin International (RRI) – LVRG Operations Interface.
- Serves on RRI Operations Committee.
- Certified Franchise Executive
- Georgetown University Franchise Management and Franchise Operations
Community Business and Charity Involvement
- Elected to National Restaurant Association Board.
- PA Restaurant & Lodging Assoc. State Board Member and Local Board Member and Treasurer.
- Discover Lehigh Valley Board Member, Marketing Committee
- Developed Local Restaurant Marketer Program.
- Helped LVRG raise $.5 million for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: from 2010 thru 2016.
- Light the Night Executive Committee Corporate Walk Chair
- 15 years with Muscular Dystrophy Assoc. Helped raise over $350K since 2010. Sponsors Ride for Life Program and Black & Blue Ball. Brings volunteers to summer camp.